Reba or Riba in Islam
Reba or Riba in Islam
First we have reviewed the root of word ”Reba” which means abundance, increase and rise. Then we have reviewed the verses of Quran, the main reference of religion of Islam. In Quran we have found the commandment of prohibition of Reba and we have extracted the general principle of “no oppression to any parties of bargain” but we haven’t found any specific instances of Reba.
To accomplish our research, we have investigated narrated hadiths in narrative texts. Our research leaded us to the general principal of “fair and justly business in society”. We have also reviewed the instances of Reba in narrative texts. We have concluded that there are two types of Reba which can be found in “dealing” and “borrowing”. Reba in “dealing” is exchanging goods with more amount of the same good. Reba in ”borrowing” is borrowing with the condition of more refund. In Hadiths of Sunni books we have found the same instances of Reba.
In this research we have concluded that most of Islamic scholars have issued Fatwa about the commandment of Reba without considering the situation of present society. They have only used the exact instances of Reba in hadiths, while those hadiths were for the specific historical and cultural conditions of that society. Based on our researches which are extracted from Quran and Hadiths, we can conclude that we are observing violations of the general principal of Reba in our present society.
- Philology: Alein, Alsah Tajo Al Loghah, Alnahayat Fi Gharib Alhadith, Lesan Al arab, Majamo Al Bahrein, And Larous dictionary.
- Quran: Verses: Rom 39, Baqarah 276, 275, 280, 279, 278, Al e Emran 130, Nesa 161
- Shia Narratives: Man la yahzar alfaghih, Sheikh Sadoogh, Tafsir Alqomi, Behar Al anvar, Tahzib Al ahkam,
- Sunni Narratives: Sahih Al bokhari, Sahih Moslem
- Contemporary scholars : Resaleh of ten Faghihs ( Imam Khomeini, Ayatollah Golpayegani, Ayatollah Sistani, Ayatollah Makarem, Ayatollah Fazel, Ayatollah Khooyi, Ayatollah Araki, Ayatollah Safi, Ayatollah Tabrizi, Ayatollah Saneyi, Ayatollah Mazaheri)
Like us on Facebook
782 visitors - 1365 pageviews
422565 visitors - 639888 pageviews
Number of pages 65
Number of posts 37
- Islam: Religion of Health and not Submission
- Religion in Islam
- Ahad (احد)
- Allah (الله)
- Samad (صمد)
- Karim (کریم)
- Nur (نور)
- Rahim (رحیم)
- Rahman (رحمن)
- Sirat al-mostaghim الصراط المستقيم
- ZAKAT زکات
- What is the meaning of "ISLAM"?
- Translation of Mojrim ( مجرم )
- Qalb meaning "قلب"
- The true meaning of MAKR (مکرالله)
- Meaning of Jabar (جبّار)
- Kofr (کفر) & Kafir (کافر)
- Meaning of tawhid al surah (توحید)
- The words /Nour/ & “light” in Quran "نور"
- True meaning of Mojrem مجرم
- The verse " قل هو الله احد"
- Zanb/ Zonub "ذنوب "
- Momin in quran "مؤمن"
- Alamin "الحمد لله رب العالمین "
- The Forgotten Religion
- Zolm and Zalem (ظلم و ظالم) in Islam
- Sins in Islam, meaning of (سیئه)
- Who is Polytheists (المشرک) in quran?
- Torture in Islam (Azab : عذاب)
- Meaning of Al- salamu alaykum (Arabic: السلام عليكم )