Sirat al-mostaghim الصراط المستقيم
serat al-mostaghim (/ṣirāṭ/ /al/ /mustaqym/)
The word /sirāṭ/
/sirāṭ/ that has changed into /ṣirāṭ/ through history, is driven from the root /sarata/. Meaning of /Sarata/ is close to “to swallow”.
To swallow is not only about eating, basically /sarata/ means when something drags something else into itself and makes it as part of itself like “to Assimilate” or “to unify’ .
Like a drop of water that dissolves in the ocean and the ocean absorbs it.
so /ṣirāṭ/ means, when something is absorbing something else and dissolving it in itself
The word / Mustaqym /
/ Mustaqym / is driven from the root / Qawama / and / Qāma / which means to arise
/Mustaqym / has been derived in the form /Mustafil / that make the root to mean who seeks being subject of a verb.
/Mustaqym/ means seeking to be arisen. It does not mean straight.
So /Mustaqym/ refers to someone who wants all his potentials to be actualized and become apparent.
So /ṣirāṭ/ /al/ /mustaqym/ means that we seek our actualization, flourishing and making our powers and abilities arisen and apparent through a confrontation with God and through being unified with God in that encounter.
Like us on Facebook
784 visitors - 1370 pageviews
422567 visitors - 639893 pageviews
Number of pages 65
Number of posts 37
- Islam: Religion of Health and not Submission
- Religion in Islam
- Ahad (احد)
- Allah (الله)
- Samad (صمد)
- Karim (کریم)
- Nur (نور)
- Rahim (رحیم)
- Rahman (رحمن)
- Sirat al-mostaghim الصراط المستقيم
- ZAKAT زکات
- What is the meaning of "ISLAM"?
- Translation of Mojrim ( مجرم )
- Qalb meaning "قلب"
- The true meaning of MAKR (مکرالله)
- Meaning of Jabar (جبّار)
- Kofr (کفر) & Kafir (کافر)
- Meaning of tawhid al surah (توحید)
- The words /Nour/ & “light” in Quran "نور"
- True meaning of Mojrem مجرم
- The verse " قل هو الله احد"
- Zanb/ Zonub "ذنوب "
- Momin in quran "مؤمن"
- Alamin "الحمد لله رب العالمین "
- The Forgotten Religion
- Zolm and Zalem (ظلم و ظالم) in Islam
- Sins in Islam, meaning of (سیئه)
- Who is Polytheists (المشرک) in quran?
- Torture in Islam (Azab : عذاب)
- Meaning of Al- salamu alaykum (Arabic: السلام عليكم )